Monday, May 14, 2012

We've Got Some Catching Up To Do

OK, so I'm really not good at keeping up with this blog thing.  Life gets so busy...where does the time go, anyway?


So much to catch up on since it's been, let's see...FOREVER since I've written anything!  


Since I last posted, my darling Hubby's father suffered a stroke.  He's making remarkable progress, but has a long way to go.  We would definitely appreciate your prayers for him.  Hubby and I went to Ohio to visit with him the weekend before Mother's Day.  We had a wonderful time with him, my mother-in-law, Hubby's baby sister and his older sister and her family.


While we were in Ohio, we also visited Hubby's cousin's greenhouse and nursery, where we got this HUGE hanging basket for my mom for Mother's Day.





And, since we're on the subject of Mother's Day...I hope all of my sweet mama friends had a fantastic day!  You all have the hardest, yet most rewarding job out there and you deserve a day to relax and be pampered.  Hubby and I spent the day with my parents and my sister and her family.  We had a great time!  My mom is one of the most amazing women I've ever met.  I love her so much!


Me, Mom & Sis

Here's a picture of my orange tiger lilies in full bloom, for no reason other than they're so pretty and I love looking at them.




And on a final note, I made homemade bread for the first time this weekend, sans bread maker!!  It was a long process but the bread turned out amazing!

Waiting for the dough to rise

After punching down and kneading for the second time

Divided into two loaves

The finished product!

The bread was delish!  You can find the recipe here.  It's a little sweeter than I had anticipated...more like a Hawaiian bread.  I think next time, I will cut down the sugar to 1/4 cup to make it taste more like a regular white bread.  Either way, it's yummy!

Enjoy your week, friends.  Be blessed!




1 comment:

LeAnna said...

I LOVE tiger lilies, my Mom has a whole bed of them. They are just so pretty. I'm sorry to hear your FIL had a stroke. My FIL had several mini tia's several years before I met him. They are bad news!
Your bread looks delicious!