Monday, August 6, 2012

The Days Are Long, But The Years Are Short

Tomorrow is my birthday.

The big 3-1.

Man, time sure does fly, doesn't it?  

via


The years are short...never has a truer statement been spoken (or written).  It seems like 31 years have flown by.  God has truly blessed me.

Today, on the eve of my birthday, I want to thank Him for so many good things in my life...

  • Salvation:  Without the blood that Jesus shed to cover my sins and the promise of a home with Him in heaven someday, my life would mean nothing.  I can never thank Him enough.
  • Grace:  I couldn't face the big life events OR the day-to-day happenings without God's abundant grace.
  • Hubby:  God sure did bless me when He sent me that sweet man of mine.  I don't tell him often enough how thankful I am for him and for everything he does for our family.  So, honey, if you are reading this, I love you and I thank God for putting us together.  You are amazing!
  • Family:  I have the best.  God gave me wonderful Christian parents who took me to church and taught me about Jesus. They gave me the best sister I could ask for, who gave me the most precious nieces and nephews in the whole world!  I am so thankful for all of them!
  • Church:  God has blessed me with a wonderful church family at a place that worships Him in spirit and truth.  Doesn't get any better than that!
  • Career:  Although my desire is to be a stay-at-home wife/mom someday, God has seen fit at this time in my life to provide me with a career that I enjoy and co-workers that are like family.  I am blessed to have a job that I love.
  • All the little things:  There are so many more things that I am blessed with and thankful for.  God is so good to me!
Tomorrow, I will turn 31.  I am going to go to work, and then spend the evening with Hubby (who has a special dinner planned for me, which I am super excited about!!)

I hope you all have a blessed week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful birthday reflection!! Happy for your blessings, He is so faithful to provide everything we need! Happy 31st birthday beautiful lady!!

LeAnna said...

Happy birthday, girlfriend. Loved your list of good and wonderful gifts from Above!

Antoinette Musik said...

Happy birthday to you! I just came across your fabulous blog and I love your positive outlook on life. Makes me smile.

Between the lines